Ich habe in Vollzeit bei GoPro gearbeitet (Weniger als ein Jahr)
- Perks and benefits
- Good pay relative to what is in the area
- You get your own GoPro camera and has access to play with them
- Very relaxed working environment (this can both be a Pro and a Con)
- Excellent work/life balance
- Management and leadership doesn't seem to have a good grasp on direction or priorities.
- Politics and nepotism. Hard work is not always rewarded. Its who you know.
- Although there are still a few employees who are hard working and brilliant, most have left and what remains are those who seem to be just coasting and not pulling in their 100% effort
- Not much innovation going on. Feels like everything is just doing "catch up". Its also hard to be innovative when there are so many constraints in what you do.
- Buggy software; feels like there's no emphasis in making improvements in this part of the business; instead its all about launching the coolest feature as fast as possible, or a feature that works at a minimal
- Lack of communication between groups
Rat an das Management
Some of these problems have been identified before with promises of change and making things better but nothing has resulted. Its the same old story and that is why many people have left. Upper management really needs to do a careful look of all the groups from top to bottom and ask yourselves how they are performing and if they are doing the right things to ensure a smooth and effective business.