Ich habe in Vollzeit bei Alfa gearbeitet (mehr als ein Jahr)
- The people/culture! This is by far the best part of Alfa, and the part that I miss. There is a great young crowd who actively take part in events inside and outside of the company.
- Responsibility - It can be possible to gain a lot of responsibility quickly if you prove yourself.
- Company events - The company tries to make your time there as fun as possible.
- Very good starting salary for grads.
- Salary progression - Salary progression is slow and unclear. You can work your socks off, or sit back and put your feet up. You'll still get the same small pay rise every year. This was a motivation killer.
- IPO - This ruined the company. A few people set out to make a lot of money, which in turn, had negative effects on the rest of the company. The share price now reflects this.
- The culture did start to get a bit more stale near the end, but I know they're trying their best to make all events as inclusive as possible.
- Career progression - Responsibility is not at all attributed to promotions or pay. Alfa is a great company if you want to coast for your whole career.
Rat an das Management
When people put the effort in, show them the recognition they deserve, otherwise you will just continue to lost top talent.
Improve how the software side of the company works. The tech stack and infrastructure is not an appealing prospect for any experienced hire. A few narrow minded control freaks lead the direction of the technology because they're too stubborn to change their views. This has to change.
When so many people started at grad level and are now in top level management, it breeds a strange environment. It feels like there is a lack of experience in opinions and direction at the top.